Everybody wants to live long and healthy lives; nobody wants to count on getting any severe diseases. Although we can’t predict or prevent every situation, there are ways to help protect ourselves that can make our lives more full and healthy overall.
- Prevention and early detection is the first thing you should consider. Most people dread going for a yearly physical, or even the dentist cleaning every six months, but having good doctors and keeping these appointments in your life will help you to stay healthy because you doctor can detect things that you can’t on your own.Knowing your family history is also important because if there is any history of heart disease or cancers in your family your doctor can keep any eye out for symptoms and do testing on you regularly.
- Love the people you are with. Make sure and spend time with the ones who surround you daily such as your spouse, children, other family members, friends and coworkers. Enjoy the time you spend with other people, plus maintain healthy friendships. These relationships are needed to make you feel fulfilled in life.
- Get eight hours of sleep. Although many people find this one difficult to do because of how busy we can get in our lives, it really is very important to leading a happy and healthy life.
- Find something you are good at. All of us have times where we need to be doing something we really enjoy, and most of these are things that we excel at. This is usually something that makes us feel good inside as well, and can even be soothing and stress relieving.
- Manage your stress – don’t ignore it! Everyone has stressors of some kind, and it is important that we handle our stress so that it does not get out of hand and consume us.When you are riddled with worry and stress it can literally make you sick in many different ways. Daily walks can help clear your head, and make sure that you are not over-filling your agenda for each day or letting other’s schedules dictate your day.
• Find balance in your life. Don’t try to take on too many projects at work or let work consume you. Find a balance so you are still able to enjoy all the other things around you like your hobbies and your friends and family. Although financial times can be tough, it is still so very important to find time to spend at least with your family, the ones you are working so hard to keep safe and provided for.
Take Control of Your Health and LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE...